Wednesday 20 June 2012

Posts that I liked

I recently came across pages and posts that I quickly want to share:
  • Future Cape Town has a new web page. Lots of news and views for someone who is interested in cities.
  • I'm still looking for something similar for Joburg. If you know about anyone writing about Johannesburg from a urban economics, geography, even town planning perspective, please send in a comment and a link. In the meantime I have come across a nice blog arguing that Joburg rocks!
  • Finally, it is not a geography story, but I enjoyed Johan Fourie's latest post on economic history, his study of the 18th century Cape Colony and what it means for the colonisation of Mars. Private space flight is in the news, Voyager is heading into interstellar space and one day we might have companies out on Mars!
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment